To help India transition away from solar imports and toward self-sufficiency, the Ministry of Power and Energy announced compulsory registration of solar module manufacturers under the ALMM and issued a list of qualifying solar panel and module types in March 2021.
The Approved List of Models and Manufacturers (ALMM) is a collection of qualifying model types and manufacturers of Indian solar cells that have been certified by the BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards). This idea was first floated by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in September of 2020.
In order to attract the attention of Indian solar cell and module manufacturers, the ALMM was introduced. An effort is being made to establish a quality standard for modules in order to stop low-quality manufacturers from exporting their goods in India. Only modules and manufacturers on this list may be used in projects funded by government schemes and programs and installed in the nation.
ALMM’s Short Term Benefits
Here are the short term gains which you can have by choosing ALMM products –
- End-users may save money by choosing ALMM products that have undergone extensive testing and are known for their long-lasting durability and dependability.
- ALMM might help avoid improper certification of manufacturers that lack a robust procedure and assist the expanding manufacturing business in establishing efficient quality controls.
ALMM’s Long Term Benefits
Here are the long term gains which you can have by using ALMM products –
- According to certain stakeholders, the solar industry will benefit from the implementation of ALMM, as it will allow competition among approved solar industry players, assist in boosting the quality of solar products and enable solar companies to upsurge production competence.
- By making photovoltaic goods more durable and longer-lasting, they intend to raise the excellence of the products available on the Indian solar market.
- In addition, international firms wishing to access the Indian market are required to establish production facilities in India, which will aid the development of the Indian solar economy. A better performance and depreciation rate can be expected as a consequence.
So, ALMM will assist the evolving solar manufacturing industry set up efficient controls to make sure quality benchmarks. It will evade inappropriate qualifications of manufacturers who do not have a healthy process in place and back the professional solar manufacturing players. The ALMM guidelines are precise, fair, and straightforward, and Eurolite Solar, a leading solar EPC company supports them by enabling new business opportunities.